Mindfulness is a bit like being given the instruction manual to ourselves; providing a plain, understandable description that is unique to each of us. In the workplace, it can help with presence, clarity of thinking, and decision making, improve our focus, act to lighten the load that so many of us feel at work, and improve the way we work and communicate in teams. Together, these add up to improve performance, resilience, wellbeing, and skills like communication and emotional intelligence.
Mindfulness course in summary
– 1-hour taster session
– Eight weeks, 2 hours per session
– CPD Accredited
– Performance and productivity
– Resilience and wellbeing
– Communication and emotional intelligence
Contact us to learn more
“This course is a 100% must do. It benefits all types of people in any kind of position. Just get stuck in and it will pay dividends.” -BMW Academy
Performance & Productivity
- Improved focus & awareness
- Clarity in decision making
- Tap into creativity
We ran a mindfulness course at two of our sites, and the feedback was extremely positive about the course, with exceptional feedback about Mark who lead it. We’ve since run the course at a third site, with similar positive results, and would happily recommend it to others.
Mairéad Comerford, Head of HR, AbilityNet
We offer flexible learning paths, including the most validated eight-week approach, shorter ‘intense’ deliveries, and retreats – and only ever by teachers with formal mindfulness teacher training (see below). Our most popular combination is a Taster session to help employees understand what mindfulness is, and decide if they would like to attend a course, followed by Mindfulness at Work:
Mindfulness at Work Taster
Learn more about mindfulness, what it is, why it’s worth investing in, and how to practice, in this 60-minute taster.
Core Mindfulness at Work
Core Mindfulness at Work teaches the core skills of mindfulness practice. Usually, run over multiple weeks, this offers the core benefits of mindfulness at work, using a validated approach, in sessions as short as one hour per week. As an 8-week course, Core Mindfulness has been accredited by the CPD Standards Office and counts 16 hours towards CDP requirements.
As mindfulness practitioners, we have directly experienced the benefits of mindfulness practice – and we would love you to experience the benefits for yourself, and believe it is important to teach mindfulness both competently and ethically. Although mindfulness is not formally regulated in the UK, recommendations for ethical practice are provided by the UK Network for Mindfulness-Based Teachers (the UK Network) for training, practice and supervision, and we follow these guidelines – here then is our ethical framework in brief:
- Formal and continual training – our mindfulness teachers are all trained according to the UK Network for Mindfulness-Based Teachers, the same guidelines expected for mindfulness teachers following the approach recommended by the UK National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE; the UK body providing evidence-based information for health and care professionals).
- Our courses are proceeded by a short assessment and usually a one-to-one conversation to ensure suitability.
- Confidentiality is key in all of our courses.
- Our teachers have regular supervision from external qualified mindfulness supervisors.
- A more detailed description of the guidelines we follow is provided by the UK Network for Mindfulness-Based Teachers, here: Mindfulness-based teachers Good Practice Guide.